As our lives become increasingly busy, it’s more important than ever to make it easy to connect with your business. Live chat allows your customers to reach out and get the help they need in real time. No waiting, no hassle.
Those direct insights from your customers help you uncover pain points, develop more effective marketing strategies and save time and money on customer support. Ultimately, you get better experiences for your customers and more leads and sales for your business.
Here are a few tips for engaging more visitors with your tawk.to widget.
1. Check to make sure the widget is online
The more you’re available, the more chats you’ll receive. So make sure you’re logged in and online.
Every week, you’ll receive a report showing the number of hours your widget appeared online vs. offline. You can also check the Availability report in the Overview panel of your tawk.to Dashboard.
Need to expand your availability? Follow these tips to ensure you’re ready and available to chat.
1. Leave the Dashboard open in a browser tab (https://dashboard.tawk.to). This way when your laptop or PC is active, you are online.
2. Invite team members as agents to help you respond. There’s no limit to the number of people you can add to your property.
Learn about how to invite and manage property members here: How to invite and manage agents.
3. Download our mobile app (it’s free!) and respond to chats on the go.
Once you’ve put these tips into action, it’s time to make sure your Widget Scheduler is in place so you only receive chats when you’re ready for them.
See our guide to setting up your Widget Scheduler here: Using the Widget Scheduler.
2. Remove the Pre-Chat Form
While a Pre-Chat Form can help your agents qualify and respond to visitors, it can also become a hurdle to starting the conversation. Removing the Pre-Chat Form will encourage queries and comments from your visitors. So if your goal is to engage more visitors, you’ll want to deactivate this feature.
Learn how to set up or de-activate a Pre-Chat Form: Using the Pre-Chat Form.
3. Make your widget stand out
Your visitors will have to see you before they chat with you! Make it obvious that live chat is available.
Here’s how to make the widget stand out while staying on brand:
● Pick a brand color that pops - avoid colors that will blend in and go unnoticed on the page.
● Where possible, place the widget in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.Visitors are accustomed to looking there for help.
● Add an Attention Grabber to your chat widget. An Attention Grabber is designed to make your widget more visible. Check out our gallery of premade designs or, if you prefer, upload your own custom image. Learn how here: Enabling the Attention Grabber.
4. Customize your trigger messages
Trigger messages are automated messages designed to engage visitors in the conversation.
It is a good idea to customize the automatic template message set up on your account. Add your business name and a call to action.
‘Welcome to (your business name). For a free quote, chat with one of our team members now.’
‘Welcome to (your business name). For 5% off your next order, chat with one of our
team members now.’
Now, if you really want to proactively engage more visitors, add your own image (or an image of someone nearly as good-looking as you) and your name. This human touch helps to create an instant connection with your customers.
Avoid too many triggers on your website and make sure your triggers are not sending a message too early.
With tawk.to’s Advanced Trigger feature, you can send a second message to a visitor who’s still browsing your site.
Learn how to set up this Advanced Trigger here: Advanced Trigger — send a second message to a visitor on your website.
5. Make it easy for customers to connect with you ... anywhere
With a Direct Chat Link, your customers can start a chat from emails, social media channels, mobile apps, business cards and more! They’re only one click away from a live conversation with your team.
Learn how: Direct Chat Link.
Not only do customers prefer chat, they’ve come to expect it.
Making it easy for customers to connect with you via chat may just be the competitive advantage you’ve been looking for.