Installing the tawk.to Magento 2 extension
Once the extension is installed, you will need to execute the following command lines from your website root directory:
- php bin/magento module:enable Tawk_Widget
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- php bin/magento cache:clean
In the next section, you will learn how to use the newly installed tawk.to Magento 2 extension.
Using the tawk.to Magento 2 extension
To add a Widget to your website, go to System ➞ Tawk.to Widget ➞ Select your widget
There are 2 options available in this step:
1. Select your widget > link a widget to your store views.
2. Go to Dashboard > edit your widgets/monitor your visitors.
Log in to your tawk.to account here and all available widgets will be shown in the next view. If you don’t have an account yet, click on the link below the login form and create one.
Once you are logged in, you can select which store view you wish to link a widget to. Then select a site from your tawk.to Dashboard settings, choose a widget and click on the Save button.
Now go to your storefront and see the widget (here in the bottom right corner).
Here's an alternative way to use the tawk.to widget:
1. In the Magento Admin, go to Content > Blocks.
2. Click Add New Block and insert a Block Title, Identifier. Select a Store View and be sure the Block is enabled.
3. Click show the editor if it is not already shown and click the HTML icon.
4. Copy the widget code from the tawk.to Dashboard into the opened field.
5. Click Update and then Save Block.
6. Once the Block is ready, it's time to link a new widget to it. Go to Content > Widgets.
7. Click Add Widget and select CMS Static Block as Type.
8. Click Continue, set a Title and assign to a Store View.
9. In Layout Updates, select CMS Footer Links as Container and choose the pages on which you want it to be present.
10. Click Widget Options. Then select the Block you just created.
Save, refresh the caches and you're done!
Here’s how to find the widget code in the tawk.to Dashboard:
Make your way to ⚙️Administration ➞ Channels ➞ Chat Widget.
Then, click the snippet under Widget Code to copy it to your clipboard.
If you have other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team or schedule a call.