Why am I not getting sound notifications?
If you're not receiving sound notifications in the tawk.to Dashboard, you‘ll want to make sure you've allowed browser and sound notifications. Notifications prevent visitors from going away unanswered and help you avoid missed chats and sales.
Here's how to set up notifications so you know exactly when a visitor sends a chat or submits a ticket. You'll be able to respond more quickly and create a more user-friendly experience.
Make sure your volume is turned up on your computer
You may have accidentally hit a button that muted your volume. Checking this now will save you a lot of frustration later.
If you are not wearing a headset, be sure you are listening through your computer’s built-in speakers. If your computer is connected to headphones or an external speaker system, you may not be able to hear notifications.
Make sure you have allowed browser notifications
If you have not allowed browser notifications, you may not be able to receive any notifications at all. Be sure to allow browser notifications in your browser settings.
To learn more about allowing browser notifications for tawk.to, check out this article: Why am I not getting notifications?
Make sure you have allowed notifications on your computer
For Windows Users
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings.
- Go to System and then Notifications & Actions.
- From there, you can do the following:
- Turn notifications, banners, and sounds on or off for some or all notification senders.
- Choose whether to see notifications on the lock screen.
- Choose whether to see notifications when you're duplicating your screen.
For Mac Users
- Choose the Apple menu at the top left corner of your screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click Notifications.
- Select an app in the left column.
- To change the notification style, select Banners or Alerts.
Now that your sound notifications are up and running, you should be receiving alerts from the tawk.to Dashboard. Turn them on to receive real-time alerts for new chats and tickets so you can respond to visitors quickly.
Need additional assistance troubleshooting the sound? Submit a ticket, contact our support team or schedule a call.