Receiving notifications in tawk.to is important so you can know exactly when a visitor sends a chat or submits a Ticket. If you’re notified every time a visitor reaches out, you’ll be able to respond more quickly and create a more user-friendly experience.
If you are not receiving notifications from the tawk.to Dashboard, you will want to make sure you have allowed browser notifications.
Allowing notifications on Google Chrome
Allowing notifications on Firefox
For Mac users
- Go to menu, select Firefox and then select Preferences.
- Go to Privacy and Security.
- Select Settings.
- Click Allow next to the website.
For Windows users
- Click on the hamburger menu icon in the top right corner next to the home icon
- Select Options.
- Click on Content.
- Click the Choose button next to Notifications.
Here you can see a list of websites for which you’ve allowed notifications.
Allowing notifications on Microsoft Edge
Allowing notifications on Safari
- Go to Safari in the top menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Go to Websites and click Notifications.
- You will find a list of websites - there you can select Allow to enable notifications from the specific website.
Now that you’ve allowed notifications for your browser, you should be receiving notifications from the tawk.to Dashboard. This will allow you to respond to visitors quickly and provide superior customer service.
If you are not receiving sound notifications and need help setting these up, read more here: Why am I not getting sound notifications?
If you have other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team or schedule a call.